1. Medical Assistant Supporting Clinical and Admin
Compensation: $13.00 to $16.00 hourly
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full Time
We are currently seeking a Medical to join our team! You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Take patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assist physicians in preparing for in office treatments/procedures.
- Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Answer patient telephone calls
- Screens telephone calls for referral to physician.
- Provides general information on departmental policies and procedures.
- Notifies the Office Administrator when clinical and office supplies need replenishing
- Assist in maintaining patient files, records, and other information to contribute to accurate data gathering.
- Complies and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
- Attends required meetings.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Performs related work as required.
- Meet with patients and caregivers at the end of physician appointments.
- Schedule appointments, tests, and surgical procedures.
- Obtain pre-authorizations.
- Fax reports and records.
- Previous experience as a physician, surgeon or other medical fields
- Advanced knowledge of treatment and drug interactions
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership qualities
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduation from Medical Assistant training program.
- 2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Knowledge of medical examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.